- Cashew nuts are, in their natural state, poisonous to humans.
- Alexander Graham Bell did not invent the telephone, but was rather a thieving bastard.
- An actor once rescued Robert Todd Lincoln (the son of Abraham Lincoln) from being run over by a train. His rescuer? Edwin Booth, brother of John Wilkes Booth.
- Mongolia has a growing neo-nazi movement.
- The female humpback whale's genitalia is usually fully surrounded by barnacles.
These are just a fraction of the pieces of pointless trivia rattling around in the ol' noggin'. How any of this will ever be of use to me I do not know, but I remember it all the same. Absorbed it like a sponge I did. Yet for some reason I appear to unwittingly deem it unnecessary to recollect directions to any place via car. Like some sort of subconscious environmental activist.
With autumn comes new ideas and the wilting, withering death of old ones.